1971 Maharishi’s Year of Science of Creative Intelligence: Maharishi formulates the Science of Creative Intelligence (SCI)—the Science of Consciousness. ‘The main theme of SCI is that there exists a source from which Creative Intelligence springs and a goal toward which it progresses as the process of evolution unfolds. This source and this goal are identical and can be identified as the innermost area of one’s own life, as the source of the thinking process: the self-referral consciousness of everyone, the field of pure Creative Intelligence.’ —Maharishi.
• Maharishi conducts International Symposia on the Science of Creative Intelligence and creates an awakening of Total Knowledge in the field of education.
• Maharishi International University (now Maharishi University of Management) is established in the United States, to serve as a model of higher education in the world.
1972 Maharishi’s Year of the World Plan: With 2,000 newly trained teachers of the Science of Creative Intelligence (Mallorca, Spain) Maharishi inaugurates the World Plan to solve the age-old problems of mankind in this generation. The seven Goals of the World Plan are: 1. To develop the full potential of the individual; 2. To improve governmental achievements; 3. To realise the highest ideal of education; 4. To solve the problems of crime, drug abuse, and all behaviour that brings unhappiness to the family of man; 5. To maximize the intelligent use of the environment; 6. To bring fulfilment to the economic aspirations of individuals and society; 7. To achieve the spiritual goals of mankind in this generation.
1973 Maharishi’s Year of Action for the World Plan: Maharishi trains over 2,000 teachers of the Science of Creative Intelligence in La Antilla, Spain, and establishes 2,000 World Plan Centres to offer courses in Transcendental Meditation and the Science of Creative Intelligence throughout the world.
• Maharishi gives the Keynote Address at the 28th Annual Conference of the American Association of Higher Education in Chicago, USA, attended by 3,000 educators.
• Maharishi holds historic meetings with the Illinois and Michigan State Legislatures.
• Maharishi trains teachers of the Science of Creative Intelligence in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and is welcomed by His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, whose government declared the Science of Creative Intelligence as a knowledge that is useful and necessary to the progress of life.
• Maharishi’s Alliance for Knowledge (94 pages), a proposal to the governments of the world to redesign the destiny of their nations, is sent to every Head of State.
1974 Maharishi’s Year of Achievement of the World Plan: The Maharishi Effect is discovered: one per cent of the population of any city practicing Transcendental Meditation results in an overall increase of positive trends in society. The Maharishi Effect, named by scientists in honour of Maharishi who first predicted it, establishes a new formula for the creation of an ideal society.
• Maharishi International University (now Maharishi University of Management) is established in Fairfield, Iowa, USA.
1975 Maharishi’s Year of the Dawn of the Age of Enlightenment: ‘Through the window of science, we see the Dawn of the Age of Enlightenment.’—Maharishi
• Maharishi embarks on a global tour to inaugurate the Dawn of the Age of Enlightenment on all five continents—for Asia in India, New Delhi, Vigyan Bhavan Hall; for Europe in England, London, Royal Albert Hall; for North America in Canada, Ottawa, Chateau Laurier; for South America in Argentina, Buenos Aires, Cultural Centre of San Martin; and for Africa in Ivory Coast, Abidjan, Palais des Congrès Houphouet Boigny
• Maharishi establishes MERU—Maharishi European Research University—in Switzerland. This global inauguration brings the dawn of new knowledge. Maharishi revives the total theoretical and practical knowledge of Yoga after thousands of years, and with hundreds of course participants in Interlaken and other beautiful areas of Switzerland, Maharishi holds six-month courses to enliven consciousness as ‘a field of all possibilities.
1976 Maharishi’s Year of Government: Maharishi inaugurates the World Government of the Age of Enlightenment with sovereignty in the domain of consciousness and authority in the invincible power of Natural Law, to purify world consciousness and guide the destiny of mankind.
• Maharishi introduces the Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programme Including Yogic Flying to accelerate the evolution of the individual to enlightenment and to purify world consciousness. (By the year 2008, more than 500,000 people around the world have learnt Maharishi’s Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programme.)
• Maharishi creates four annual seasonal Festivals of the Age of Enlightenment to set each season in the tempo of success for noble aspirations and higher achievements.